Bond It - Bitubond Rubber Bitumen Emulsion - Solvent Free - 25 Litre and 5 Litre
Free Delivery on this item!
Express Delivery Available.
- A rubber/bitumen emulsion, dark brown in colour
- A solvent-free, rubberised bitumen emulsion which dries to a tough, black coating providing a highly effective cold-applied, damp-proof membrane in sandwich constructions
- It is equally effective as an adhesive for wood blocks, wood mosaic panels, insulation boards, expanded polystyrene and cork panels, or as a plaster bonding agent on difficult surfaces
- It can also be applied to damp surfaces. Resistant to extreme heat and cold and has a low odour
A rubber/bitumen emulsion, dark brown in colour. It dries to form a black, flexible coating, which is odour and taint-free.
A solvent-free, rubberised bitumen emulsion which dries to a tough, black coating providing a highly effective cold-applied, damp-proof membrane in sandwich constructions. It can also be used as a waterproof for floors, walls and other above ground structures and acts as a curing membrane when applied to green concrete. It is equally effective as an adhesive for wood blocks, wood mosaic panels, insulation boards, expanded polystyrene and cork panels, or as a plaster bonding agent on difficult surfaces. It can also be applied to damp surfaces. Resistant to extreme heat and cold and has a low odour.
Bond It RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION provides a highly effective cold-applied, damp-proof membrane in sandwich constructions and can also be used as a waterproofer for floors, walls and other above-ground structures. It also acts as a curing membrane when applied to green concrete. RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION is equally effective as an adhesive for wood blocks, wood mosaic panels, insulation boards, expanded polystyrene and cork panels, or as a plaster bonding agent on difficult surfaces. This product is also suitable for tanking silage pits.
All phases of the installation should comply with BS 8102 Code Of Practice - for protection for buildings against water from the ground.
FOR USE AS A SANDWICH D.P.M
Site preparation: Base concrete should be finished off with a wood float to give a smooth surface. Tamped surfaces are not suitable owing to the difficulty of ensuring an adequate coating over the high spots. Prime the concrete as stated below, before applying the undiluted RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION.
For other uses: In all cases, the surfaces should be smooth, clean and free from dust, grease or oil or any other contamination prior to the application of RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION.
To obtain adequate adhesion it is important that sub-floors, especially porous ones, are first primed as follows:- prime porous surfaces with BITUMEN PRIMER. Brush well into the surface and allow to dry.
STIR WELL BEFORE USE.
Damp-proofing floors: Apply by brush, a minimum of 2 coats, each at 0.8 litres per m2 carrying the treatment up the walls to join the existing wall d.p.c. Allow the first coat to dry before applying the second coat at right-angles to the first. When dry, a sand/cement or concrete screed of approximately 50mm thick is then laid over the RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION.Waterproofing walls: If a condition of rising damp exists, the best form of treatment must be the insertion of repair of a damp-proof course. Where dampness is due to penetration of the wall, proceed as follows:-
- a) Exterior walls: level uneven surfaces, including brickwork, with cement mortar. Apply 3 coats of RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION with a soft bristled brush, each at a rate of 0.5 litre per m2 allowing each coat to dry before applying the next. Allow the final coat to become tacky, then blind with clean, sharp sand.
- b) Interior walls (moderately damp walls): remove wallpaper, loose emulsion or gloss paint and any dust or grease. Make good any damaged or perished plaster. Lightly dampen the prepared surface with clean water and apply 3 coats of RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION with a soft bristled brush, each at the rate of 0.5 litre per m2 allowing each coat to dry before applying the next. A horizontal strip about 300mm deep should be left uncoated at the top running the whole length of the wall. This permits trapped moisture to escape by evaporation.
- c) Interior walls (very damp walls): wherever possible very damp walls should receive an external treatment. If this is not possible the following procedure may be of benefit, although it must be emphasised that only adequate external treatments will cure the most severe conditions. The old plaster must be hacked away to expose the brickwork over the complete area, any damage to joints or brickwork should be made good with cement mortar to provide an even surface. When the mortar has set, apply 3 coats of RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION each at the rate of 0.5 litre per m2 allowing complete drying between coats. When the final coat has thoroughly dried the wall should be replastered.
- Gloss Paints: gloss paints and other oil or alkyd based materials must not be used over a surface treated with RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION.
- Emulsion Paints: Where RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION has been used over plaster, it is recommended that a lining paper, fixed with cellulose paste, should be hung. This provides a suitable surface for emulsion paints.
- Wallpaper: the surface should be covered with a lining paper fixed with cellulose paste prior to paper hanging. Vinyl coated papers or paper-backed vinyls should NOT be hung over RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION.
RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION will provide a waterproof membrane on bridge abutments, retaining walls, culverts, concrete or brick foundations. It acts as a curing membrane when applied to green concrete. The surface should be sound and free from dust, dirt and grease. Hot, very dry or absorbent surfaces should be dampened slightly with water.
Apply two coats of RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION each at the rate of 0.5 litres per m2 (approximately).
FIXING WOOD BLOCKS AND WOOD MOSAIC FLOORING
For fixing wood blocks of 12mm thickness and above, dip the bottom face of each block into the material and place into position immediately. Coverage is approximately 1.1 litres per m2.
For fixing wood mosaic panels, spread RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION on the surface at 0.8 litres per m2 and place the panels into position immediately. A minimum 24 hours should be allowed to elapse before commencing sanding operations.
Where underfloor heating is incorporated in the sub-floor the heating must be switched off for at least 48 hours before and after laying is completed.Note: on non-porous or low porosity surfaces, allow the emulsion film to partially dry before placing the wood mosaic panels. In most circumstances a period of 30-40 minutes will be sufficient, but do not allow to dry completely off. Under no circumstances should such floorings be laid on existing floorcoverings.
Where a “keyed” surface is required for plastering onto, such as glazed tiles, gloss painted walls and bricks, or to bond sand/cement renders, apply 2 coats of emulsion each at a minimum rate of 0.25 litres per m2 . Allow the first coat to dry and blind the second coat while wet with clean, sharp sand. Allow to dry for at least 48 hours before plastering or rendering at least 6mm thickness).
FIXING INSULATION BOARD, EXPANDED POLYSTYRENE AND CORK SLABS
Surfaces should be level, clean and free from dust or loose matter. A coat of RUBBER BITUMEN EMULSION should be applied to the porous base and the insulation material placed whilst the product is still wet. If necessary, boards should be supported until the emulsion has set. Coverage approximately 0.4-0.6 litres per m2 .
SAFE HANDLING PRECAUTIONS
Please refer to separate material safety data sheet for full handling, use and storage instructions. Keep out of reach of children. It is the users' responsibility to determine suitability for use. If in doubt contact our Technical Department for advice.
Note: this information is for general guidance only, since site conditions and labour are beyond our control. It is recommended that users make their own tests to determine suitability.
DISPOSAL OF CONTAINERS
Do not leave containers on site where residue could be a hazard to children, animals or the environment. Replace lids securely and remove any containers to a central disposal point.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean immediately after use with water. Use paraffin (kerosene) or white spirit if the product has dried.
Store under cover out of direct sunlight, at a temperature of between 5C and 40C.
The shelf life of this product is a minimum of 12 months under good storage conditions in original unopened containers.
We offer 48 hour delivery for all accessories for £4.95 per item, if purchased with any paint, sealer or coating the delivery is 48-hour delivery is free.
A 24-hour courier is available for £7.95 per item.
ESTIMATED DELIVERY TIME
Items purchased with 48-hour courier will be delivered will be delivered within
2-3 working days depending on the time of purchase.
Items purchased with 24-hour courier will be delivered will be delivered within 1-2 working days depending on the time of purchase.
SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS AND ISLES
Some addresses in the Scottish isles and highlands come with a surcharge, you can see from the diagram here if your postcode is included.
Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
Please do not send your purchase back to the manufacturer.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
Any item not in its original condition is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery.
REFUNDS (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next, contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Premium Paints Unit 4 TRANKER LANE Worksop GB S80 3LG.
For sales and technical advice, call us on the number below or email us via our contact form.
|Monday||9AM - 6PM|
|Tuesday||9AM - 6PM|
|Wednesday||9AM - 6PM|
|Thursday||9AM - 6PM|
|Friday||9AM - 5PM|
Live chat online from 9am until 10pm, 7 days a week for general product questions.
EASTER OPENING TIMES
Thursday 18/04/2019 - 9am - 3PM
Friday 19/04/2019 - Monday 22/04/2019 - CLOSED
Here are our contact details should you need them:
Telephone: 01909 495707
If you are unable to call us or prefer to email us please enter your message in the form below and we'll get back to you ASAP.
Simple to use and does not block up the spray head.
Had driveway recently blocked paved and cost didn't include sealing so decided to do it myself - found Everest Polyurethane Sealant on google search through Premium Paints at a good price as I needed 4 x 20ltrs to cover 140sqmtrs with 2 coats (that didn't quite complete 2 coats -could have done with another 5ltrs). Staff were very prompt in answering any queries and dispatch/delivery was within days. Results were very satisfying, have recommended to neighbours who asked whilst passing by - will be using again in a few years time.
This is the second time I have ordered from this company, and their service is excellent. The product itself is the best we have used on our factory floor, and we have tried a couple of different ones over the years. Its coverage is good and its hard wearing, we are running pallet truacks and fork lifts over it!!
Overall, very happy
Excellent Finish, really enhanced the blocks
Goes on well and seals the concrete so no more dust and grit coming into the house. Thanks xx